Tuesday 30 June 2020

My investment return for 1st half year 2020


During March 2020,

the bear market caused me to lose almost 1/3 of my net worth.

Thankfully the shares market bounced back later,
which enabled me to recover my losses and earned a peanut.

ANYWAY,
my investment return for 1st half year 2020 is ROA = 5.0%, ROE = 8.6%.

Below is the comparison of my investment portfolio at the start of year 2020 till now:

Start of year 2020:
1) HARTA (26%)
2) AEONCR (20%)
3) LPI (14%)
4) ALLIANZ (13%)
5) STMKB (11%)
6) AEON (8%)
7) NESTLE (6%)
8) PANAMY (2%)

Now:
1) HARTA (16%)
2) AEONCR (16%)
3) STMKB (15%)
4) ALLIANZ (14%)
5) KOSSAN (13%)
6) ELKDESA (11%)
7) KAWAN (9%)
8) Other (6%)

My return for the 1st half were mostly contributed by glove companies HARTA, KOSSAN and TOPGLOV,
the return could be higher but it was dragged down by other companies in my portfolio........

Maybe some might wonder that the shares price of glove companies rose so much,
but why is it my return is so low,
even lower than 10%.

Just like what I mentioned above,
I first lost 1/3 of my net worth,
and now only climbed back to the current positive return.

For example,
if I have 100K at the start of year 2020,
then I only left with 66K after the bear market.

Thanks to the glove companies,
I am able to be back to 108K.

From 66K back to 108K,
I had to earn 42K by investing 66K only,
which means that my return from the lowest point of shares market until now is around 63.6%.

Anyway,
My investment return for the past few years:
2011 : ROE = +28.0%
2012 : ROE = +32.8%
2013 : ROE = +15.0%, ROA = +13.3% (started using SMF)
2014 : ROE =  -12.0%, ROA =  - 8.0%
2015 : ROE = +21.6%, ROA = +13.3%
2016 : ROE = +38.0%, ROA = +22.2%
2017 : ROE = +40.5%, ROA = +24.9%
2018 : ROE = +16.0%, ROA = +13.3%
2019 : ROE =    -2.2% , ROA =   -3.2%

As for my investment strategy for the future......................

A lot of people are saying that the economic will become worse,
a lot of companies will release very ugly financial result during the financial report season at August,
a lot of people not willing to spend money,
a lot of people will not be able to pay back their loan from the financing companies,
a lot of people will not be able to continue paying their insurance,
the shares price of glove companies rose too much and is very dangerous now.

I am not GOD,
I do not know how will the future become,
but one thing I am sure,
I don't like my money to be a lazy pig by sleeping at the bank doing nothing.

Well,
a lot of investment gurus always say that CASH IS KING,
of course you can say that if you are very rich,
then even though you don't earn money from shares market,
just rely on the lazy money inside the bank you can live until the day you pass away.

I am not that rich,
I still need to swim at the sea which is called shares market to catch enough fish to become rich,
so I don't have the qualification to say what cash is king.

Also,
even though now swimming at shares market is dangerous,
and there is a possibility that we might get hurt,
but is also a good chance to accumulate experience.

I still not old,
so I will not let this chance of accumulating 10X experiences to slip away fro me,
even though I might get hurt.

Also,
looking at the companies I investing,
I think I will not become seriously injured which might cause my life.

Of course,
THIS IS MY INVESTMENT,
NOT YOURS.

I am not sure how much swimming experience you have,
maybe you have zero experience?

I am not sure whether when you have a slight injury,
you will cry like a baby,
or feel like the world is going to end.

I also scare that you like to push away your own responsibility,
like when you are injured,
you will blame other people, blame the investment gurus,
or blame the government.

ANYWAY,
investment is about doing own thinking,
making own decision,
and you take full responsibility of your decision.

Thanks for reading.

I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,

please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.


List of articles year 2018






No comments:

Post a Comment