Thursday 23 April 2020

My buying & selling record from 13rd to 23rd March 2020


As you all know,
I am not a person who likes to open up about my buying & selling record for investment,
usually I would just update my investment portfolio once in a 3 months time at here.

Well,
since I don't need to open any investment class to get students and earn the fees,
so there is no reason for me to show off.

Also,
sometimes I feel very ashamed to show everyone those investment which I lost my money at~

HOWEVER during March 2020,
a sudden drop of the shares market happened which caused by the Covid-19.

Even though I invested for almost 10 years,
this was the first time I became panic and did some irrational decisions.

THUS,
I think is necessary for me to record down all the buying & selling decision which I made around that time,
so that it will be a reference for the future.

FRANKLY SPEAKING,
at first when the Covid-19 started to appear,
I compared it with SARS and assumed that it will not affect Malaysia very much just like SARS.

Until February,
even the new cases in China started to drop,
so I thought that this virus will soon be over and I still ALL IN at shares market.

At March,
the virus slapped me on my face.
Ouch!

Before looking at my investment decision from 13rd to 23rd March,
let's have a look at my portfolio at 1st January 2020:
(There was some changes on my portfolio before 13rd March,
but it wasn't related with Covid-19 so I will not talk about it here.)
1) HARTA (26%)
2) AEONCR (20%)
3) LPI (14%)
4) ALLIANZ (13%)
5) STMKB (11%)
6) AEON (8%)
7) NESTLE (6%)
8) PANAMY (2%)


At 13rd March:
(Around the days when the new cases started to grow in 3 digits number)
I sold almost half of my holding in ALLIANZ at RM13.58,
and I sold 1/4 of my holding in STMKB at RM3.99.
Aiks............

Then I was thinking that the glove counters might be worthy to invest,
so I bought some KOSSAN shares at RM5.06,
and TOPGLOV at RM6.06.


Then the weekend came.
I was very anxious because more and more new cases,
and the newly formed government was like no action at all...


16th March:
I sold 1/3 of my holding in AEONCR at RM11.50,
and sold all of my holding in AEON at RM0.93,
only keeping 100 shares for memory.
Aiks...........

At the same day,
I bought more KOSSAN shares at RM5.01.


17th March:

The day when I was the closest to Margin Call.

I sold 1/3 of my holding in ALLIANZ at RM12.30,
and sold half of my holding in STMKB at RM3.35,
and sold 1/3 of my holding in AEONCR at RM9.40,
and sold my NESTLE shares at RM123.10, (I am idiot.........)
and sold 2/3 of my holding in HARTA at RM5.95.
(which was my worst decision ever,
if I kept all my holding in HARTA,
my investment return will be not more than -10%.)

Until that day,
my holding in STMKB left only 1/3 if comparing with early March......


19th March:
I sold 1/3 of my holding in ALLIANZ at RM11.90.
Aiks.........

Thus,
my holding in ALLIANZ left only 1/4 if comparing with early March............


20th March:
I sold 1/4 of my holding in HARTA at RM6.41.
Aiks..........

Thus,
my holding in HARTA left only 1/4 if comparing with early March.............


23rd March:
I sold 1/3 of my holding in AEONCR at RM7.89,
and I sold half of my holding in TOPGLOV at RM6.15.
Aiks..........

Thus,
my holding in AEONCR left only 1/3 if comparing with early March............

At the same day,
the financing amount of my Margin account dropped to less than RM10,000.
(usually I used more than RM100,000.)

My investment return was around -30%.

At the same time,
I started to feel that I oversold.

Thus,
I started to buy shares at the following days........

That's all for now,
I will write about my buying & selling record at 24th March 2020 at my next article.

Thanks for reading.

I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,
please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.

List of articles year 2018











No comments:

Post a Comment