Saturday 29 June 2019

My investment result for 1st half of year 2019


In the blink of an eye,
half of year 2019 already passed by.

This year my half year return is ROA = 2.03%, ROE = 2.98%,
even though the return is low,
but at least it turned from negative return into positive return comparing with 3 months ago:
ROA = -2.35%, ROE = -3.44%.

Let's have a comparison between my investment portfolio at the start of year 2019 and now:
When year 2019 first started,
this was my investment portfolio:
1) AEONCR (31%)
2) HARTA (21%)
3) LPI (17%)
4) PANAMY (12%)
5) PBBANK (8%)
6) AEON (7%)
7) NESTLE (4%)

After 6 months,
it became like this:
1) AEONCR (34%)
2) HARTA (30%)
3) LPI (18%)
4) NESTLE (5%)
5) TOPGLOV (5%)
6) AEON (7%)
7) PANAMY (1%)

The main contribution of my return,
is AEONCR which rose from RM15.30 to RM16.80,
sadly that HARTA dropped from RM6.14 to RM5.24,
thus off set most of the returns contributed by AEONCR....

For the past 3 months,
my debt ratio becomes higher since I bought some shares which dropped a lot,
I bought some AEON shares at RM1.53-RM1.54,
also some LPI shares at RM14.96.

Thus,
my debt ratio is quite high now,
I will sell some shares after the financial result is out.

Even though my aim is to invest for long term,
but long term investment with long term high debt ratio,
causing long term mental pressure,
is it really worth it?

Also,
hereby listing down my investment return for the past few years:
2011 : ROE = +28.0%
2012 : ROE = +32.8%
2013 : ROE = +15.0%, ROA = +13.3% (started using SMF)
2014 : ROE =  -12.0%, ROA =  - 8.0%
2015 : ROE = +21.6%, ROA = +13.3%
2016 : ROE = +38.0%, ROA = +22.2%
2017 : ROE = +40.5%, ROA = +24.9%
2018 : ROE = +16.0%, ROA = +13.3%

For this year 2019,
my investment slogan will be "invest with a healthy body".

Previous at February I was admitted into hospital for 5 days due to serious inflammation at certain part of my body,
even though I become a lot better now,
but I still cannot 100% recover.

Almost every month the inflammation will come back,
but luckily it weren't as serious as last time until need to go hospital,
just take a few days of antibiotic medicine then I am okay(?).

After a few strike back of the inflammation,
I realized that I can't touch any cold drink or spicy food at all.

So yeah,
I never tasted the famous bubble tea at SS15 area,
and long time never eat Nasi Lemak already...............

Even though I try my best to eat at home every time,
but sometimes I still have to eat outside.

Sadly that there are a lot of traps for the food outside,
for example a food that they never mention about "spicy" in the advertisement,
even the sauce is white in colour,
but it is actually spicy!!!

Or same food but at different branch,
not spicy at branch A but suddenly become spicy at branch B!

After stepping into all these traps and caused my inflammation to come back,
there are really a lot dangerous food outside,
especially Malaysia where everyone likes spicy food.

So now whenever inflammation is back,
I will take medicine and rest,
then I will work out when my body feels better,
avoid all cold drinks and spicy food,
hopefully to be healthy again.

Just like investment,
it will be a long term battle.

Investment is about doing own thinking, making own decision.

Thanks for reading.

I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,
please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment