Monday 9 July 2018

Investing and Emotional Control


Today I would like to review one of the article that I written before.

An old article that I wrote at year 2013 and published at Investalks forum,

just a few paragraphs,
but I added some new sentences at the end of the old article.

So.....
old article starts here:


Some people learnt to invest in shares,
but didn't learn how to control their emotion.

They bought a shares and aimed to hold it for long term.
HOWEVER..............
they let their emotion controlled them.

When they worried that the shares price will drop tomorrow,
they sold the shares.

After selling it,
they worried again that the shares price will rise tomorrow,
so they bought it back.

After buying it,
they again worried that the shares price will drop tomorrow,
so they sold it again.

After selling it,
they worried again that the shares price will rise tomorrow,
so they bought it back.

Buying, selling, buying, selling, buying, selling, buying, selling, buying, selling,

They repeated it over and over again,
at the end the one who earned the most money,
is their remisier.

The main problem is not about buying and selling.

The thing is,
how to be stable emotionally after buying or selling a shares.

Don't be controlled by emotion,
instead,
control your emotion.

The end of old article.


Looking back at my old article,
even now I still think the same.

For all these years,
I always invest like a robot,
I set a plan and followed through it,
so that I was able to minimize myself from being influenced by my emotion.

Of course,
this was not the perfect way,
but atleast I prevented myself from making investment decision just because I felt like doing it.

To control our investment,
first we need to control our emotion.

Then,
only we are able to think and to decided rationally.

Thanks for reading.




I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,
please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment