Saturday 22 December 2018

My investment return for year 2014


This blog is not only for writing and recording down what is happening now,
but also to review my past investment,
so today I will write down my investment return of year 2014,
which was the 4th year I started to invest.

My investment portfolio at 1st January 2014:
1)AEON
2)AEONCR
3)DLADY
4)NESTLE
5)PANAMY
6)PBBANK

My investment portfolio at 31st December 2014:
1)AEON
2)AEONCR
3)DLADY
4)NESTLE
5)PANAMY
6)PBBANK
7)LPI

My investment return for year 2014: ROA=-8.0%, ROE=-12.0%.

Yes,
negative return,
I lost money that year.

The negative return was mainly contributed by:
AEONCR which dropped form RM14.72 to RM12. (Shares price that time, can't compare with the current price since after bonus issue.)
DLADY dropped from RM47.14 to RM42.40.
PANAMY dropped from RM22.32 to RM18.50.

At the same year,
I started to accumulate LPI around RM9-RM10 (this one can compare with current shares price since it was adjusted after bonus issue.)

Looking back from now,
I should had accumulated NESTLE at RM68.50 instead.............

That year,
I lost money through investment.

Because of the leverage effect of SMF,
my loss of 8% was magnified to 12%.

Please don't think from 8% to 12% is small,
imagine if it was a loss of 80%?
Then it will be magnified to 120%!
Not only lost everything,
but owing the bank some more!

Well.........
Just because we had accident on the road,
doesn't mean we shouldn't drive.

So I still continue to use SMF,
just that now I am more careful of using it.

Because of the bear market at year 2014,
there were some investment opportunities started to appear,
that was why I was able to rise again at year 2015.........

Thanks for reading.



I don't provide any buying/selling suggestion above,
please make your own investment decision and be responsible with it.








No comments:

Post a Comment